The 2016 season is fast approaching, less than two weeks away!
As some of you may know there has been some rule changes for 2016 driven by the International Netball Federation and Netball Australia
SNAPSHOT OF THE RULES
- Umpires will no longer blow their whistle when goals are scored and if it is clear that the ball is out of court.
- When taking a centre pass, the Centre is required to now only have one foot wholly within the centre circle.
- Goal tending will no longer be allowed. Players will not be able to deflect a shot once the ball is on a downward flight towards the ring, including touching the ball up through the net.
- Once a player taking a penalty pass is in the correct position, the player may choose either to play the ball immediately or to wait for the infringer to stand out of play. However, it is important to note that the changes to the rule regarding the taking of the penalty pass do not remove the requirement for a player who is sanctioned for a major infringement to stand out of play.
- All injury/illness stoppages, which will include blood, will be up to 30 seconds, and the player concerned must leave the court.
- The use of the word ‘Penalties’ has been changed to ‘Sanctions’. Sanctions will include Free Pass and Penalty Pass. Throw In and Toss Up are considered actions as opposed to Sanctions (or penalties).
For more information
For an online version of the ruleshttp://netball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/netball_rules_2016_english.pdf
If you want to get involved in umpiring this year. We would love to have you on board!
Please contact: Melissa Abrahams 0417 204 712